Today we explored literacy and math concepts during our learning centers using our classroom manipulatives. We are working on taking care of classroom items and materials. I am proud to say that we did a GREAT job with this task today!
1. ABC Letter Match and Sort with our magnetic letters – We are focusing on putting the letters in the correct place so that all students can enjoy!
2. Computer Center - Starfall.com – Word Families – We are focusing on using the computers in a gentle manner, asking before turning off and on, and using correct keys/buttons.
3. Lincoln Logs – Construction – We are working together to construct a shared idea and sharing materials, using materials safely (no throwing and weapon use), and cleaning up in a timel manner.
4. Listening Center – Bear Gives Thanks – We are working on our listening skills, following along to the story, tracking left to right, and using the CD player buttons correctly.
5. Letter Hunt – Magazine Search – We practiced our cutting skills by finding pictures and words beginning with the correct letter/letter sound on our recording sheet. We worked on sharing materials and cleaning up in a timely manner.
6. Pattern Blocks – We worked on creating patterns, sharing materials, using materials safely, and cleaning up in a timely manner.
7. Pattern and Sorting Beads – We worked on sorting by attributes and making patterns. We also practiced not throwing small classroom items, putting away materials in a timeley fashion and making sure we pick up materials off the floor.
8. Sight Word Jar – We practiced identifying and writing our sight words. We then worked on staying on task, using materials correctly and putting our work away in our mailboxes in a timely manner.
9. Pocket Chart/Dry-Erase Boards – We practiced writing our sight words using dry erase boards and markers. We worked on using the dry erase markers nicely (not smashing them and putting caps back on).
At recess, we practiced working together to construct a zoo using blocks, lincoln logs, and zoo animals. Skills: sharing, staying in designated play areas, being kind to others, and using materials safely.