APA will not be allowing Seniors or students in the future to purchase their netbooks at the end of the school year. Policy change was necessitated by the amount of work required to erase all machines.
Dress code for Prom announced
APA has announced its dress code for the upcoming Prom:
- Wear a tuxedo, nice suit, or dress blues
- Wear a tie, bow tie, bolog, or standard
- Wear an appropriate belt or suspenders (No sagging pants)
- Wear dress or nice non-dress shoes
- NO Hats except in the case of dress blues uniform
- Back of dress no lower than mid-back
- Front of dress no lower than 3 inches below the center of the collar bone
- Hemline/slit – not shorter than 3 inches above the knee when standing at attention
- 2-piece dress cannot show midriff when arms raised above your head
- No cutouts
- No mesh or sheer material that pretends to cover areas that are to be covered
- Nails – may be altered April 27th through May 3rd
- Shoes may be dress or nice non-dress
- No hats
APA goes paperless
APA will no longer be printing out hard copies of reports cards for grades 6-12. Report cards will be available on Skyward within 1 week after close of the grading period. Students/parents may go to Skyward to view and print report cards if they wish (See below how to obtain Skyward login if you do not have one.) If parents want a paper copy of the report card and do not have internet access, they need to send Capt. Thompson (email@example.com) in writing their request stating why they need a copy and we will print and send one home with their child.
Online grade access for grades 1-12 is now available If you wish to access your child’s grades, discipline, lunch/fee balance, etc., please do the following. We will process the information as quickly as possible and get back with you.
We must verify your information before you will receive your logins. Please email Capt. Thompson the following information for each child:
1. Child’s name and grade
2. Your relationship to child
3. Child’s home address
4. Main phone contact
Only those officially entered into our system as guardians will be allowed access.
Once you receive your information, you can use any web browser to access the information or you can visit http://www.skyward.com/K-12/Mobile.aspx to download an app for your phone or tablet device.